Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eat Like a Champion

This is for Fragile Heart as she asked if I would post my typical meal plan. Haha I don't know about the title,  but I thought I needed something more creative than "Meal Plan" and this is what came to mind first.
But really, I feel like I'm eating like a body-builder! Supplements and powders currently make up soo much of my diet.

Seriously, I just had a 500 calorie lunch. That's more than I used to have in a DAY. I'm proud that I've come that far.

Anyway I don't follow any specific meal plan perfectly, I just like to look at 3 or 4 different plans and base my own meals on the pre-written ones. This is basically a run down of what I'll eat in a day. be warned, it's super high protein.

Notes: 
MRP = meal replacement powder
Assault = pre-workout formula (amplifies performance)

Breakfast: 270 cal
Quaker original oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins (150 cal, 30 g carbs, 4 g protein)
1 scoop whey protein isolate mixed with 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or water (120 cal, 25 g protein)
1 capsule CLA
1 capsule Flax oil
1 multivitamin


Snack: 60-100 cal
1 orange or small grapefruit (60 cal, 15 g carbs)
OR an apple (100 cal, 20 g carbs)
OR 6 oz FAGE non-fat greek yogurt (100 cal, 18 g protein, 7 g carbs)

Lunch: 513 cal
2 scoops MRP with 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and 3/4 cup water (253 cal, 33 g protein, 16 g carbs)
5 oz Tuna (160 cal, 36 g protein)
1 packet oatmeal with cinnamon (100 cal, 4 g protein, 30 g carbs)

Pre-workout: 40 cal
1/2 scoop Assault mixed with 14 oz cold water (40 cal, 9 g carbs)

Post-workout: 216 cal
2 scoops whey protein powder (216 cal, 50 g protein)
2 scoops L-Glutamine

Dinner: 463 cal
Small handful raw organic almonds (70 cal, 2 g carbs, 8 g fat)
2 cups vegetables (raw or cooked) (60 cal, 15 g carbs)
1/2 avocado (113 cal, 10.5 g fat, 1.5 g protein, 6 g carbs)
Small sweet potato (100 cal, 24 g carbs, 2 g protein)
4 oz lean fish (120 cal, 25-30 g protein) or salmon (18 g protein, 6 g fat)
1 capsule CLA

Although it looks like a lot, its only about 1500-1600 calories of mostly protein. Depending on whether I maintain, gain or lose weight, I may or may not add in an MRP shake as a meal in between post-workout and dinner. I also need to find ways to add more fat to my diet. It's a work in progress.

3 comments:

  1. looks healthy! I have some friends that take Assault too and swear by it. out of curiosity, do you feel like it really makes a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its awesome! I can lift heavier weights and get more reps in when I take it. Sometimes it makes my hands tingle but I don't really mind. It gives a good energy boost and the taste is great. I think it makes a good enough difference to keep using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so healthy! I guess I need to add more protein. Thank you so much for posting!
    All my support,
    <3 A Fragile Heart

    ReplyDelete